The Towner Gallery’s new show explores how popular culture, and its vast compendium of imagery, words and materials has influenced recent contemporary art. Featured artists include Phil Collins, Jeremy Deller, Anthea Hamilton, Mark Leckey and John Stezaker. In London’s Hackney Wick, dozens of artists based in the area are hosting open studios as part of Hackney WickED weekend.
Around the UK:
- Now, Today, Tomorrow and Always, Towner Art Gallery, Eastbourne, 22 July – 8 October 2017
- Barbara Nicholls, Sedimentary Flow, New Art Gallery Walsall, 11 August — 19 November 2017
- Jyll Bradley: Dutch/Light (for Agneta Block), Chatham Historic Dockyard, Kent, 12 August – 5 November 2017
- Bruce Nauman, Tate Modern, 24 July 2017 – 24 July 2018
- Hackney WickED Open Studios, Hackney Wick, 29 July 2017 – 30 July 2017
- Matisse in the Studio, Royal Academy of Arts, 5 August – 12 November 2017