Following on from her Tate retrospective, Rego returns to Arnolfini in Bristol nearly 40 years after her first exhibition there with an exhibition exploring her print making.
In London, a new show of Francis Bacon’s work will focus on his unerring fascination with animals: how it both shaped his approach to the human body and distorted it.
Around the UK:
- Paula Rego, Arnolfini, Bristol, 5 February – 29 May 2022
- Thao-Nguyen Phan, Tate St Ives, 5 February – 2 May 2022
- Hannes Schüpbach & Stephen Watts | Explosion of Words, Nunnery Gallery, Bow Arts, 28 January – 17 April 2022
- Francis Bacon: Man and Beast, Royal Academy of Arts, 29 January – 17 April 2022
- Van Gogh Self Portraits, The Courtauld Gallery, 3 February – 8 May 2022
- Louise Bourgeois: The Woven Child, Hayward Gallery, 9 February – 15 May 2022